Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I'm really getting into the fall soups right now. It's solving my lunchtime dilemmna. I love having my husband work in town and come home for lunch every day - but along with that comes having to plan something for lunch and supper every day. Soup is the perfect solution. A bowl of soup and a bun is great for a couple of days a week.


This soup is a Kraft recipe. The entire thing is done in the microwave and it only takes 30 minutes from start to end. We used to make this soup in our microwave in my last workplace and people could never figure out what smelled so good when they came in to renew their plates or insurance ;)


I've started using this basic recipe and mixing it up by adding chicken, turkey or sausage. You could also mix up the cheeses.




Loaded "Baked Potato" Soup


1lb. baking potatoes (about 2), cubed

14oz. chicken broth (I made my own this time)

1c. milk

3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled & divided

1c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1 green onion sliced, divided

1/4c. sour cream


Microwave potatoes in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 5 min., stirring after 2.5 min. Stir in broth and milk. Microwave 10 min., stirring after 5 min. Carefully crush potatoes with potato masher.

Reserve 2 tbsp. each bacon & cheese and 1 tbsp. onions for topping. Stir remaining bacon, cheese and onions into soup.

Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment