Friday, October 14, 2011

Cola BBQ'd Ribs

Since I've been on a bit of a slow cooker kick lately, here's yet one more.  This recipe is from "The Best of Betty Crocker."  The girls in my family are all quite passionate about food and cooking.  We tend to pass recipes around so much that we all end up making the same meals.  I'm the fourth girl to make this one.  Although it's still in the slow cooker at my house, I can vouch that this is a good recipe!  This was Sunday dinner at my mom's place last weekend...and it was fabulous!  
Also, on the upside, my kids love to eat meat off the bone!  Give them any meat that is still attached to the bone and they are sure to lick it clean.  



3 1/2 lb. ribs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup cola
BBQ sauce

RUB ribs with sugar, pepper and garlic salt.
POUR cola into bottom of the slow cooker and add the seasoned ribs.
COOK for 8 hours on LOW.
POUR out the liquid and add BBQ sauce.  
COOK one hour longer.  

Serve with rice and veggie.


No comments:

Post a Comment