Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lemon-Blueberry Muffins

This is the recipe that came with my Pampered Chef  12-Cup Muffin Pan.  Chris surprised me for Mother's Day with two of these pans - and I LOVE them!  That being said...these muffins far exceeded my expectations.  They were a dense dough-like batter and I was a little skeptical.  The muffins turned out so light.  I used Saskatoon berries since that's all I had in my freezer.



2 c. flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar, divided
1 tbsp. baking poweder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400.  In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt; mix well.
Lightly brush cup of muffin pan with butter; reserve remaining butter.  In medium bowl, whisk together remaining butter, milk, and egg.  Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until ingredients are moistened (better will be slightly lumpy).  Do not overmix.
Using a medium scoop, divide batter evenly among muffin cups.  Combine remaining 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.  Remove from oven to cooling rack.  Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.  Serve warm.
Yield:  12 muffins
210 calories, 12g total fat/muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment