Monday, January 25, 2010

Craving for Cookies & Milk


Nothing like being snowed in the house to make your want to snack. I took advantage of the returned power in the afternoon to make us some chocolate chip cookies.


I've had a partial dark chocolate Toblerone bar in my cupboard since Christmas that has just been begging to be used. I'm not sure why it was still just sitting there but I decided to put it to good use. I took a simple chocolate chip recipe and substituted the chopped up Toberlone & almonds for the choc. chips. Simply amazing.


Toberlone Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
1 egg
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
sliced almonds, chopped
dark chocolate Toberlone bar, chopped


Preheat oven to 375.

Mix sugars, butter, and egg in large bowl. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl and then gradually add to butter mixture. Dough will be stiff. Stir in nuts & chocolate.

Drop dough about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes until light brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment