Monday, January 25, 2010

A Twist on Spaghetti & Meat Sauce

I get tired of the usually spaghetti & meat sauce so this is always a good change. This is among one of my easiest recipes. Last time I made this recipe, I ended up with way too much for one casserole dish so I split it into two and froze the second casserole. Will just need to go into the oven until cooked through next time I don't feel like cooking :)

Spaghetti Bake

1 pkg. spaghetti, cooked & drained
2 tbsp. butter
1c. parmesan
1 (24 oz) cottage cheese
1 lb. ground beef
1 (28 oz) jar pasta sauce
1 pkg. mozzarella cheese

Combine hot, cooked spaghetti with butter & stir until butter melts and coats spaghetti. Add 1/2 cup parmesan and stir to coat.
Arrange spaghetti in an even layer in pan. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti and sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan.
Brown gound beef & drain. Add pasta sauce & heat until bubbly. Spoon over cottage cheese layer. Top with mozza cheese & remaining parmesan.
Cover with foil & bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment